This could include a development or improvement of a specific process or operation, for one particular sector or across a few sectors.
MPI says it’s interested in improvements in any of the following areas:
- Science and research;
- Equipment or processing technology;
- Product or packaging development;
- Industry best practice;
- Building and maintaining a food safety culture (such as staff engagement processes and practices, education or training)
The Significant Contribution to Food Safety Award is non-financial.
There are two ways to nominate an individual, team, or organisation. MPI says it accepts self-nominations.
Either email a completed nomination form or send the following information:
- Who is being nominated and their contact details;
- What field they are involved in;
- How long they've been involved in that field;
- What they achieved and why it should be considered 'significant' or 'outstanding';
- What is original or creative about the achievement;
- How effective the achievement is and why;
- Who or what has been impacted by the achievement – a specific process or operation, a whole sector, or multiple sectors.
Email nominations to: firstname.lastname@example.org